Shen Zhao Er is the daughter of the palace appointed doctor. She grew up with Ji Heng the son of an official of the king. In an incident of the poisoning concerning a royal consort, Zhao Er's father Doctor Shen was framed for murder which resulted in the whole family being executed. The plot of this murder was actually premeditated and carried by a good friend of Zhao Er's father who apparently betrayed him. Due to this plot, Zhao Er's family died in vain, however during the course of execution Zhao Er was saved and she survived. She learns medicine diligently so that she can enter the Ji official family home to investigate the plot behind the execution of her family. When Zhao Er finally made it into the Ji official family manor under the disguise name Tian Qi as the doctor of Ji heng's fiancee, a series of twisted murders and conspiracies unfold before her very eyes which tested both her wit and knowledge in order to save herself and the ones she loved. ~~ Adapted from the web novel Your Majesty, Please Calm Down written by Jiu Xiao Qi. Edit Translation
Cast & Credits
romantic and funny drama with a decent storyThe story has a lot of funny moments that I often laugh out loud, and they aren't slap stick humour, which I dislike. Its not a bad story, and doesn't drag on. One that I hardly need to use the forward button and enjoyed each episode. Some dramas have very badly written ending or very badly directed endings, but the ending of this story doesn't feel too rush and finished and addressed all aspects of the story quite well. The only thing is the acting is only mediocre, they are not bad, but doesn't take me very deep into the moment and often time I can tell their tears are very much eye drop with a face expression.
While I have seen much more impressive acting by other actors and actresses than by the lead roles in this drama and there are room for improvement for them, but they are still acceptable and nice to watch with an entertaining story that has many funny moments. The romance in this drama is warm and sweet, which was nice without too much heartache. It also finished on a sweet note that the ending actually left me smiling. It has a good detailed ending that isn't rushed nor draggy. Just the right length and details covered. Overall, a nice entertaining, light hearted, sweet, and funny drama.
Reasons why i didnt like the show as much
1) it took way too long for the male lead to figure out she was a female total eps 28 i think he found out more towards the last 10 eps
2) The storyline has potential but it developed in all kinds of different ways
3) after i have watched it still didnt figure out why the evil dude was evil ? like what relation did he have in the story ? he felt out of place , just inserted randonmly lol ( or maybe i missed it because I skipped some parts)
4)although she is a doctor she didnt not do much healing/ seeing patient
5) the story behind her family's death was also weakly developed
6) they ridiciously inserted the show's sponsor in the drama ( its a beauty mask sponsor... felt it really stretching it.